Built in 2014, BAGATELLE is hull #1 of Doug’ Bowler design. Since then we’ve built a sister and a third is under construction this winter. But this is the first time one of these boats has been offered for sale and I’m excited to share this opportunity with you!
I’m never disappointed gazing at BAGATELLE. Her sweet lines reference the 1920s designs of William Hand and others, but she is distinctly contemporary at the same time. The hand shaped detail and custom brush applied finish enrich every moment on deck and below.
Of course she is perfect for a sunset cocktail cruise or afternoon island picnic with friends and family. But over the past 8 years this design has also proven to be a safe and capable coastal cruiser, with overnights in Penobscot Bay and voyages to points south, highlighted by whale watching on Stellwagen Bank and sunset approaches to Provincetown Harbor.
BAGATELLE is built with the care and quality of a multi-generational heirloom, and she’s just getting started. She’s been beautifully maintained here at Hylan & Brown since built and is in ‘like new’ condition. We look forward to facilitating her next chapter. Please get in touch to discuss.
— Ellery R. Brown, Hylan & Brown Boatbuilders
Specifications are listed below. For more information, please contact Ellery at 207-505-0296 or email@example.com.
LOA – 26′ 6”
LWL – 25′ 5”
BEAM – 8′ 2″”
DRAFT – 1′ 4”
DISPLACEMENT – 3680 lbs.
CONSTRUCTION – Sheathed strip plank.
PROPULSION – 2013 60 hp Evinrude E-tec in an enclosed motor well.
SPEED – Up to 17 knots
SYSTEMS and INCLUDED EQUIPMENT
- 2013 Evinrude E-Tec engine
- Baystar Hyrdaulic steering
- Kobelt bronze single lever controls
- Manual windshield wipers
- Group 31 12V Dual purpose Marine Battery
- Rule 500 gph automatic bilge pump
- Garmin Charplotter with depth transducer
- Ritchie Compass
- LED Brass Dome and reading lights
- All Coast Guard required running lights and safety equipment
- Jabsco manual marine toilet
- Scandvik sink and Fynspray brass faucet
- 22lb Delta Achor – 100′ nylon brait rode
- Custom varnished oak and brass boat hook
- Custom cushions with Sunbrella fabric for V-berth, and all cockpit seating.
- Full standing shelter enclosure curtains with isinglass sides and screen back
- Custom teak boarding/ swim ladder
- Folding teak cocktail table
- Custom foot stool
- Varnished oak ‘galley box’ with single burner butane stove.
- 35 gallon fuel tank (EPA approved below decks)
- 12 gallon fresh water tank
- 15 gallon waste tank
- Soundings, June 2017 (Laurie Schreiber‘s cover article describes the history and philosophy of the Hylan shop, including photos and information on significant projects from over the years. The cover photo is of BAGATELLE.)
- WoodenBoat #253, Nov/Dec 2016
- Maine Boats, Homes, and Harbors (Issue 133)
- Ellsworth American, July 2, 2014 (The Ellsworth American had a nice piece by Stephen Rappaport about the launching of BAGATELLE.)
- The Joy of Having a Boat Built: An Outboard Cruiser Takes Shape (a video from offcenterharbor.com, a membership website.)