MARSH HEN outboard profile
MARSH HEN is the result of a design/build commission from a gentleman who enjoys kayaking in the extensive marshlands of coastal South Carolina and Georgia. She would also make a fine little cruiser for a small family who was willing to get back to basics.
MARSH HEN inboard profile
MARSH HEN’s hull form show genes from both William Hand’s early vee bottom designs and the Maine lobster boat. Both parents contribute seaworthy and seakindly performance, good speeds with modest horsepower, and handsome looks. Her plywood construction is more accessible to amateur builders.
MARSH HEN plan
A 90 HP Evinrude outboard in a well gives very quiet operation, easy maintenance and good handling in reverse.
Plans are well detailed, and consist of 6 sheets: outboard profile, lines & offsets, inboard construction profile, constructions sections, joinery details, and building jig. A CD of photos in JPEG format taken during the construction of the prototype is also available.
LOA – 29′ 2″
LWL – 27′ 6″
BEAM – 8′ 6″
DRAFT, motor up – 17″
DISPLACEMENT – 5200 lb.
HULL TYPE – Vee bottom chine
CONSTRUCTION – Marine plywood topsides, double plywood bottom.
ALTERNATIVE CONSTRUCTION – Cold molded.
SUITABLE FOR – Somewhat protected waters.
TRAILERABLE – Yes
PROPULSION – 90 HP Evinrude E-TEC outboard
SPEED – Up to 18 kt.
SKILL REQUIRED – Intermediate
LOFTING REQUIRED – Yes, very simple
PLANS SHEETS – 6
PLANS DETAIL – Above average
PLANS COST – $250.00 plus S & H
ALSO AVAILABLE – Photo CD, including 75 photos of construction & detailing.
TO ORDER PLANS:
- To order online using Paypal’s ordering system (which accepts Visa/MC/AmEx/Discover/eCheck/PayPal), please select one of the following buttons:
- You can see your Paypal Cart at any time by clicking the button below:
- You can also order plans by sending a check or money order to D. N. Hylan & Assoc., 53 Benjamin River Dr., Brooklin, ME 04616
- Many questions are answered in Frequently Asked Questions. Please check there first.
- Contact us if you have any questions.